Pure Essential Oil SMILEY HEART for Happiness & Joy
or make 4 interest-free payments of $6.88 AUD fortnightly with More info
Applying essential oils correctly is important for the full benefit of their properties to be obtained. All methods are safe when used correctly and appropriately. One or more multiple applications can be used for a wide range of physical & emotional well being. Inhalation of essential oils work predominantly on the mind via the olfactory/limbuc/hormonal/emotional response. Essential oils can be inhaled using a variety of techniques and devices.
Essential oils are placed in this device with water. Some diffusers have a timer device for convenience and ease of use ( see our accessory range). A Diffuser is an excellent way to disperse the essential oil through a fine mist throughout your home or office. Add 3-6 drops of your favourite oil blend, 3 for a more subtle scent and up to 6 drops for a more potent scent. Diffusers are an excellent option if you have children in the home as most diffusers have a cool mist. You can also move them to the bedroom for Sleep blends and Cold & Flu blends to diffuse during the night. As with all appliances follow instructions and safety.
As with the diffuser you add water to burn and diffuser your oil. Burners have either a tea light or electric option. It is a personal choice what method you prefer. A side note-keep in mind tealight burners do not diffuse the scent to a large area as a diffuser will. Add 3-6 drops of your favourite blend, 3 drops for a more subtle scent and up to 6 -10 if you require a more potent scent. Keep out of reach of children particularly if you are using candles.
ROOM & BODY MISTS
At Home: Mist your room, bed-linen, carpets & rugs to infuse with scent.
Face & Body: Close your eyes & mist either your face or above your head, as the scent rains down inhale the aroma deeply.
Place 3-5 drops of your essential oil onto a cotton pad or tissue. Simply keep the cotton pad in close proximity, for example, on your desk, next to your computer, bedside table and allow to evaporate into the air. For a more intense dose sniff the cotton pad, or tuck into your clothing for the day.
This can be a helpful method if you are suffering from upper respiratory problems, colds, flu & sinus infections. Recommended is our INHALE blend, the oils used in this blend are specific for these conditions. Fill a bowl with hot water and add a small amount of oil to start, 1-2 drops. Place a towel over your head and bowl and breathe deeply. It is important to keep your eyes closed using this method. ***Note: NOT recommended for children under 7 years. Children older than 7 can wear swimming goggles to protect their eyes. Caution: Ensure the bowl is placed in a safe area and cannot be pulled over by children.
One of the most common and enjoyable methods of using essential oils is in the bath. This is very effective because the oil can act in 2 ways: by absorption into the skin, and by inhalation as the warm water causes evaporation. Add 3-6 drops of your favourite blend. Recommended is SLEEP-STILLNESS or EMBRACE. You can also add some milk to your bath with the oil for some skin loving.
Topical application is a very effective method for applying essential oils as they easily penetrate the skin. Using a light oil such as sweet almond, jojoba or sesame seed will increase absorbtion. You can also use a non-perfumed body lotion, preferably chemical free! Apply 3-5 drops of your favourite scent to your lotion or oil base, per 100mls. Cautions if applying to face, some oils are photoxic to the skin, always apply sunscreen.
AROMATHERAPY NECKLACE & BRACELETS
Wear your scent all day on a lovely necklace that sits near your heart. Open the clasp and remove the lava ball. Place 1-2 drops of your favourite scent directly onto the lava stone, it is porous and will absorb the scent, return ball to necklace and clasp together. Enjoy your divine scent all day. If you suffer from anxiety this is good way to have your calming scent on hand immediately and smelling the ball gives you a stronger reaction. To clean or change your scent soak the lava ball in warm soapy water overnight, allow to dry.
For bracelets simply add a few drops of oil to one or two of the lava stones.
Not only will you receive therapeutic benefits from oils whilst driving, it can keep the whole family calm on trips, and no nasty smelling chemicals! Choose your driving scent - Recommended for a calm drive SMILEY HEART if you are planning a long trip try ZESTY for some uplifting energy to keep you alert, or EFFERVESCENT for Focus. Our car diffusers come with 3 washable felt pads and the diffuser easily slides into any air vent.
Essential oils are wonderful for cleaning, most citrus blends are anitbacterial and some antiseptic and smell wonderful. Add a few drops to your bucket when mopping your floors for a lasting fresh & clean scent. You can also add a few drops to a bowl of warm water and wipe counter tops and bathroom. Recommended blends are ZESTY, DETOX & SMILEY HEART. In cold & flu season try using INHALE for wiping surfaces for an anitbacterial cleanse.
Pure, authentic and genuine essential oils reduce the chance of an adverse effect. At Feather & Seed we ensure the finest quality ingredients are locally sourced and mixed to reduce the likelihood of any issues.
Please consider the following general advice when using essential oils
- Essential oils should never be taken internally
- Keep essential oils away from eyes
- Keep essential oils away from children under 1 years
- Our blends are safe for animals
- Keep away from flame, they are flammable
- Some essential oils should not be used by people prone to epilepsy, F&S does not use these oils
- Some essential oils are contraindicated during pregnancy, read below for more information
- Do not apply undiluted essential oils undiluted to the skin unless specifically advised by a qualified aromatherapist
- If skin irritation or allergic reaction occurs when using any product, discontinue use immediately
- If you are under medical supervision, consult your health practitioner before using essential oils
- Store essential oils away from light and heat
- F&S does not use the following oils but it is important to note that they are considered most hazardous of all essential oils, having a very high oral and dermal toxicity
Almond (bitter), blood leaf, bauchi, camphor, sassafras, calamus, horseradish, mugwort, mustard, European and North American pennyroyal, rue, savin, savory, southernwood, tansy, thuja, wintergreen, wormseed & wormwood.
- F&S does not use the following oils but it is important to note that they are most likely to cause hazard when applied to the skin. The list takes into account dermal toxicity, skin sensitisation and skin irritation.
Ajowan, cinnamon bark, cassia, clove leaf, clove stem, clove bud, costus, elecampane, fennel (bitter), oregano, pine (dwarf)
- The following oils may irritate the skin when used in baths or massage. Do not use at all on anyone who is known to have sensitive skin, or is susceptible to reactions. Feather & Seed one/or some of these oils.
Basil (all variations), cinnamon leaf, fennel (sweet), fir needle (Siberian), lemongrass, lemon verbena, Melissa, orange, peppermint, red and wild thyme.
- The following oils should not be used during pregnancy, nor should any of the other toxic oils listed. Feather & Seed one/or some of these oils.
- The following oils should not be used by anyone suffering from high blood pressure.
Feather & Seed one/or some of these oils.
Hyssop, rosemary, sage & thyme.
For use on children ALWAYS dilute as per the percentage chart below.
Smiles are created form light-hearted happiness and this synergy blend lays the foundation for joy and harmony. A wonderful stress reliever and favourite with the kids. You cannot help but smile with Smiley Heart.
Family - Floral
Scent - Warm with a deep floral tone & hints of citrus
Ingredients - 100% pure essential oils
Botanical names in brackets
- Lime cold pressed* (Citrus aurantifolia)
- Geranium* (Pelargonium graveolens)
- Patchouli* (Pogostemon cablin)
- Ylang Ylang Complete* (Cananga odorata)
- Rose Otto (Rosa Damascena)
- Orange Sweet* (Citrus sinensis)
*Denotes certified organic
Not tested on animals, cruelty free, sulphate, paraben & palm oil free, made in Australia.
All blends come with a cap for storage and eyedropper for application.
Please read our How to use page for methods & cautions.